After about 6-7 weeks of attempting to learn and practice photography, I find myself now in a rut. I had gained momentum when I started seeing some real improvements with my photos. Then I got off track, stopped practicing regularly, and now I am at a point where it doesn’t sound fun.
This is when I would usually quit. I would tell myself these things:
- You tried, and it wasn’t what you thought
- It isn’t really a necessary skill at all
- You don’t really need the money from starting up a side business
- You can always pay a reasonable amount to have family photos done
- It’s more effort than you realized
- You already have a full time job, being a stay-at-home-mom
I know that I can’t go down that road. Change is really really really hard. When a goal is tough, or the excitement of the new goal wears off, I want to bail.
I know this isn’t an uplifting and exciting post, but it’s really where I am right now. On Tuesday I have a photography class, and hopefully it will help inspire me again.
Ah, thanks Ry-Guy. You always know what to say.